We are excited for our Marianne Meetups: Big Truths and Grassroots happening all across the country on Saturday, June 15th at 3pm PT / 6pm ET. Below is all the information you need to host a great event.
If you are reading this and want to host or RSVP for an event go to: http://www.marianne2020.com/meetup
Requirements for Saturday’s event:
- Everyone who attends the event must sign in at: http://www.marianne2020.com/meetupsignin
- Have a computer or tablet open and charged for attendees to easily sign in
- If you must use a paper sign-in, please make sure everyone fills out THIS FORM and send in a scanned copy to [email protected] with subject line: Marianne Meetup Sign-in Sheet
- Have a way to watch the livestream starting at 3:30pm PT / 6:30pm ET at: http://www.marianne2020.com/live
- Help everyone participate in the volunteer activation component
Recommendations for a great event:
- Invite your family, friends, and community members!
- You can print out THESE MATERIALS to hand out to attendees
- Provide light refreshments or ask your friends to bring some over
- Be accommodating to different needs like seating, restrooms, and accessibility
- Help folks get to know each other by doing an introduction with names, what issues they care about, and how they first heard about Marianne
- Take photos on your phone, or even better from a nice camera! Post on social media and tag Marianne on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter #Marianne2020 #BigTruth. Send photos after to [email protected] with the subject line: Marianne Meetup Photos
Run of show (times in ET):
- Before 5:45pm: Make sure your live stream is all ready to go at http://www.marianne2020.com/live
- 6:00pm-6:30pm: Welcome people in, get folks chatting and introducing themselves. Make sure people sign in at http://www.marianne2020.com/meetupsignin
- 6:30pm-7:00pm: Watch the livestream. You’ll hear from a few speakers including Marianne!
- 7:00pm-7:30pm: Make sure everyone participates in the volunteer activation. They will be asked to text TRUTH to 484848 to join Team Marianne. They will be sent a text that we are asking attendees to forward to at least 20 of their family and friends to join the campaign. Folks should also make sure they follow Marianne on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - where they should also post the message #Marianne2020 #BigTruths. We want folks who attend to commit to hosting a debate watch party on June 26th or 27th date TBD. You can block walk your neighborhood with the printed materials and leave guests with extras to hand out!